Wednesday, 28 January 2015

Wedding day card

Here's a card I made for the latest challenge at The Paper Shelter, using a gorgeous image of a bride. Of course I had to have some bling on the wedding card, so added some of Meiflowers  AB stick on crystals to the doily and also dotted them in groups of three around the flowers, each flower has a pink gem in the middle too. The narrow satin ribbon was perfect for threading through the lace I found in my stash.

Thanks for popping in and taking a look,
Colette xx

Wednesday, 14 January 2015

Pretty as a picture

Today's card is for the latest Paper Shelter challenge and features a pretty girl adding the finishing touch to her make-up. 
To finish off the embellishments I decided to add Meiflower 5mm stick on pearls in the flower centres of the lace die-cut. You can't see the flower centres as they are covered by the 10mm satin lemon ribbon, so I had to take a chance that they were in the right place.
I also added one to the centre of the flower on the alphabet bunting and a larger one, from a multi pack, in the centre of the flower.

Thanks for popping in,
Colette xx

Monday, 5 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Here's my first card of 2015, a quickie (because I am full of flu) for the Paper Creator challenge.
I cut four 2cm strips of card and punched them all with a border design, I then arranged the strips to make a square frame, cutting off the excess. I added the frame to the card with tiny foam pads, and fixed Meiflower 3mm stick on pearls to the centre of each flower. The image was die-cut and then added to a scalloped die-cut square, before the whole thing was fixed into place within the centre of the frame. I used 4 large red pearls from Meiflowers multi size packs, to each corner of the image and a ready made bow to each side to finish off.

Thanks for dropping in,
Colette xx