Friday 24 February 2012

Baby, baby

Thought I would show you this quick and easy baby card. I decided not to use an image, but just go with some wording and use embellishments to stop it looking too plain.

Digi Kraft card - Pink Petticoat
Wording - computer generated.
Embossing folder - Swiss dots.
White organza ribbon, It's a  boy ribbon, pearls, button, string and dummy - MeiFlower.

As I don't have any split rings or chain to attach the charms I am always looking at different ways to do it. On this card I threaded cord through a buttonhole, slid the dummy onto the cord and then threaded it through the other hole and pulled it tight, I then punched a small hole into the card where I wanted my dummy to go, threaded both ends of the cord through and pulled is so that the button sat flat against the card. A piece of tape over the ends of the cord at the back, secures it into place.

Top tip - when using cord or anything similar that is made up of strands, and especially when you are trying to thread it through small holes -  use your fingers to spread a little PVA glue over the cord where you are about to cut, give it a minute to dry, and then cut through the middle of the glued area, it stops the strands from unravelling and keeps the end a bit stiffer, making it much easier to thread.

I also have a baby girl version, embellished slightly differently so will pop that on later.
Colette xx

3 comments:

lalkygirl said...

gorgeous card collette ,thanks for the top tip with the button and cord it looks fantastic.
tracey x

deifen said...

Great card and what a clever idea to attach the dummy!!

Lynne wilkes said...

Beautiful card thanks for the tip with the glue x