Monday, 27 February 2012

Diamond Anniversary 1

In July of this year my mum and dad in-law will have been married for an amazing 60 years. I want to try and make them a really special card and have decided that over the next few months I will try out a few different ideas and see which I like best, as it's their diamond anniversary I definitely want plenty of bling, so here is my first attempt.



I thought that black and white would look quite classy so I embossed black card cut it into four strips and attached them to the front of a square card blank, attaching them alternately as embossed and de-bossed (the other way over LOL!). I added a die cut border along the bottom, covered with wide black organza ribbon and then made a bow to attach to the right hand side using a diamant√© ribbon slider. I made up a lollipop flower using 5 circles, 3 plain and 2 patterned, crumpled them up, unravelled them, joined them all together with a brad in the centre, crumpled them up and unravelled them again, then attached the diamant√© heart to the centre. The swirl was die cut and then glittered before attaching behind the flower. A couple of extra gems finished it off.



Embossing folder – Crafts Too – Daisies
Flourish Die – Memory box – Madera corner
Border Die – Marianne – Anja Lace
Wording – Peel Off
Digi patterned paper – Pink Petticoat
Diamant√© heart, ribbon slider, ribbon and gems – MeiFlower


Not sure yet if this is the look I am going to go for or if I prefer a card with an image, but I still have plenty of time to try out different things.

Colette xx

1 comment:

Karen said...

This is lovely - the 'Diamonds' are just perfect.
Really like the ribbon slider and heart.